Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February

I really feel like I come to this blog at the end of each month and think... Now wait.. where did that month go? That's true and even multiplied by 10 for February. I really think I blinked and now here it is the 26th! Mr. Logan and I did have a lot of fun this month though.
To kick off the month right, we went to an Imagine Dragons concert with my Jared and his wife Chelsea on February 9th. And it was AMAZING!! The concert was in Boise at the Taco Bell Arena. We got to Boise about an hour before doors opened so we hit up Noodles and Co for dinner. That was a first for Logan and I eating there and if there is a Noodles and Co anywhere when I'm on vacation that is a must eat. It was really yummy!!! We got to the arena to wait in line for the doors to open because we were on the floor level and we wanted some good seats (standing space)... and by golly we got them!!
There was literally 3 rows of people from us to the stage. We were SOO close!

 I thought I liked them before we went to the concert, but I LOVE them. And they were so good live. I won't lie, it was a little "harder" live than on the CD and it was amazing. The live version of Radioactive was incredible.
I have been to a Rascal Flatts concert and David Archuleta (Jared says that doesn't really count as a concert) and now this one. Imagine Dragons killed the other ones. One of the songs they had those big balls all over the place and when they popped they exploded with confetti! So cool! Thanks to Jared and Chelsea for letting us go with you. It was so much fun!!

The following week was Valentines Day. It started off with breakfast in bed. I made some cinnamon roll waffles and some chocolate milk and surprised Logan with it.
Logan had work off without even requesting it off so that was pretty cool!! I had to go to school that day though. Logan picked up a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's and hid some cards around the house for me to find. The first card was on the door when I walked up to unlock it. Another was by a light switch, the bathroom door, hanging from the counter, and on the wall. I got the last one when we were about to go to bed.
We had Emily (Logan's sis) come over and have pizza with us and then we went over to our friends and Jared's stake Valentines dance to see them. We danced to the last song and had some yummy desserts.
 After that we headed over to the Craze to play some arcade games! I love arcade games; when we were dating Logan took me on a date to the Craze once and I fell in love with it. I'm a kid at heart and Logan is too so it makes it fun! We played Swamp Stomp, the basketball game, skeeball, and Deal or no Deal. We also played this jumping game where we soon realized.. I may not have the best timing.
 We won a bunch of tickets and got a lot of random things including some jumbo playing cards, fruit snacks, tootsie rolls that were a little old and hard, suckers, and parachute guys to throw off the top of the stadium one of these days!
Let's be honest for a minute, I never liked Valentines Day. It really has to do with the fact that my birthday is the next day, so I felt like my birthday wasn't that special because everyone just got flowers, chocolates, stuffed bears, and whatever else the day before. Yes, I had a terrible childhood because of it... Just kidding! :) But this year I really think I liked it.. Gasp.. The world is still turning though so no worries. It was fun to just have time with Lo and we could do little things without spending lots of money or feeling like we needed to get each other presents. And I had the BEST valentine ever, feel free to argue that, but it's true.
Our cute Valentine decorations- the mailboxes were my favorite. We have two- one for Lo and one for me. We left each other notes and goodies and put the flag up to let each other know we had mail! 
I already spilled the beans, my birthday was the day after Valentines Day! So I got to celebrate all over again!! Logan and I met up with our friends, Kenon and Marissa, for ice cream at Scoops because they have Playdough and it's delicious. As we were chowing away at our ice cream, the boys stepped outside.. and left us with a spare key to the other car and a clue to follow. Let's just say we had quite the goose chase ahead of us. We first had to go to a place called Game Pulse that our husbands like to go to so they can play a game on the internet. There we got weirded out waiting for our next clue. There we got our favorite drinks- Strawberry Banana Naked for me and chocolate milk for Marissa. From there we had to go to the ethanol free gas station in Rexburg (the clues were much much much harder than that because of their crazy wording). From there we went to a park, then to the boys bathroom at Walmart. Then to the video game area of Walmart and finally that led us to the Hickory where we ate dinner with our guys. This scavenger hunt took us 2 hours!! It was crazy hard but in the end the boys had flowers and Florence chocolates for us to that made it better.
 From there we went to Shelley to celebrate with my fam. My Grandpa and Grandma Clark, Trent, Lindsey and their kids, and my parents were there. We had some of my favorite chocolate dessert!

I'm officially 21 and I applied for my cool horizontal license. This way I will actually still look like myself. My last license made people do a double take.. must be the hair.

This past weekend I went to a couple baby showers! One for a cousin and one for a best friend from high school... Rylee is due in just a couple weeks and her little baby bump is so cute! It looks like she shoved a volleyball up her shirt because you can't tell her's prego from the back.
 The 23rd was our one year anniversary! Whoo! I already blogged about that so I will leave it at that.

And now tomorrow we leave to Las Vegas to celebrate our one year anniversary! We are staying at the MGM Grand Signature for 2 nights and I can hardly wait. On Friday I also get to meet my favorite photographer from Virginia for a coaching session and Logan gets to come too. After that we are doing another photography conference called WPPI. This weekend is going to be amazing and I can't wait to learn more about photography!

Oh, one last thing. This month Logan and I officially decided after lots of prayers, going to the temple and talking (no this not a baby announcement), I will be graduating with my associates at the end of this semester. I am grateful for the education I have gotten so far, but I feel like it is time to focus on other things and I'm excited to see where the future takes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment