Saturday, February 1, 2014

It's a new year!

New Years is a month behind us now, but I think that 2014 is going to hold some great things for Mr. Logan and I!!
Let me clarify for a moment, we are not pregnant. I was not insinuating that with the first line by any means and I don't want that to be taken from that.
This year we will each do our thing with school, hit our one year anniversary, I'll turn 21, he'll turn 25, go to some photography workshops and make memories every day along the way. That's our plan!

This semester I am on track and Logan is off. My school schedule is set up so I don't have classes on Fridays and that has been so nice, but I am taking a couple online classes and those are definitely a new experience for me. I'm taking a couple classes that are just for fun that I have really enjoyed- Jazz dance (which I'm being taught how completely out of shape I am) and a children's sewing class. In my sewing class we have already sewn booties, caps, and sleepers. Our next project is shirts and pants (all our of knit fabric); then we are making blessings dresses and coats. I've really enjoyed sewing because before this the extent of my sewing was fleece blankets and one Christmas stocking.

Logan is back working away at Olive Garden full time again. I'm really so grateful for everything he does to help put us both through school and to have a home. He's the best!! :) Logan also got called into the Elders Quorum presidency as the 2nd counselor. This kid is awesome, I'm telling you. While he was in school he had to work most Sundays and we had church from 1:30-4:30. He usually had to work during that time so I went to church by myself, but it is the best thing ever to walk into church holding hands and to sit next to him during sacrament meeting. Oh happy day! Sometimes you just need to be reminded of how much better your life is when the people you love are part of all the little moments.

2014 has brought some exciting things to us as well. My favorite photographer is from Virginia and I have dreamed of going to one of her workshops, but let's be real, that wasn't going to happen for quite some time because of the cost of flying, workshop, and other expenses. Well, turns out she is coming to Las Vegas for WPPI and she is hosting her own little "Coaching Huddle" while she is there. And guess who's husband said she could go!!! This girl!! At the end of this month we will both be going down to Las Vegas to celebrate both of our birthdays, Valentines Day and our anniversary because when all of that is 18 days apart you might as well just smoosh it all into one thing. Our plan was to go down for that and come back on March 2, turn around the following weekend for an engagement and bridal session in St. George until I found out more great news.. As a student I can go to WPPI- Wedding & Portrait Photographers International- for wait for it.... $25!!! That is so much cheaper than a regular admission fee. It starts the day after my other workshop. Logan and I decided to take advantage of this opportunity and now we will both be attending WPPI to learn more about photography! I'm telling you I have the best husband, he was so supportive of this crazy idea when I told him. I was worried he would say no and not want to spend time in classes and shoots, but he was so gung ho for it! After the conference, we will then drive up to St. George to meet up for some sessions and only have to make that drive once in two weeks!

This year Logan and I have quite a few weddings to look forward to shooting together and I can't wait to see what will come with this! And drum roll..... we booked an Arizona wedding!!!!!! WHOOO!! We will be flying together to shoot a wedding; this is my dream come true!!
I can't wait to see what the rest of 2014 has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment