Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Colorado Trip 1

The last week of August, I packed my bags and head to Colorado with my mom, Jared, and Chelsea. Logan was so kind and told me that I should go because one- it was free and two- I had worked like a mad woman the previous weeks for moving and photography. I gladly accepted the chance to go (even though I already had a plane ticket to go again in October) with my family. We left late on a Thursday night so we would get there early in the morning when the girls were leaving for school. Our drive was pretty uneventful, until Chelsea fell asleep. As she dozed, she started talking about a hill that you roll down or something crazy and bizarre and we all laughed. She was still half asleep so she didn't really know what was going on.
When the Colorado sign passed, I started to notice that it looked a lot like Idaho; it was pretty, had mountains and fields. We pulled into the driveway at 8:15, just a few minutes too late because we missed the girls going to school. Because we missed them there, we decided to go surprise them at lunch time and take them to McDonald's. It was so cute to see them see us down the hall and start running and then jump into arms for hugs. (Watch the link at the end to see what I mean)
Later that afternoon, Troy and Jared watched the kiddos while we went to get pedicures and shop. When I say shop I mean we only went to TJMaxx, but it was AMAZING! They had so many fun clothes for everyone and lots of cute decorations. I could have spent hours in there; but I did get Mr. Logan a nice looking sweater/jacket thing and I found myself a Nike shirt. Score! I also spotted some cute clothes for the kids, but we wanted to go get some yogurt while they were on the half off deal that ended at 4. When we were checking out it was 3:45; when Chelsea finished checking out she RAN to the van that was clear across the parking lot- it was really far. And as soon as we were out of there we (Carrie, Mom, and me) took of running in our flip flops and carrying our bags. We got about 1/3 of the way when we saw Chelsea coming towards us. She was gripping the steering wheel with a white knuckle grip, determined face and she didn't even look when she stopped at the stop sign where we were jumping up and down waving our bags around. She pulled up in front of the TJMaxx and we started running back towards her. She finally saw us and pulled ahead and we all giggled about how funny that situation was. The clock said 3:56. The yogurt place was on the other side of the parking lot. She drove as well as she could, but we still missed the deal. Luckily the girl was nice and still gave us a deal. And boy oh boy, that was the best frozen yogurt ever! I had white chocolate with a watermelon sorbet topped with big fresh raspberries, almonds, oreos, and white chocolate sauce. YUMMY!

The next day Jared and Chelsea drove to Colorado Springs to spend time with some of her family members for a couple days. We took advantage of the heat of the day to go to a lake that was about 20 minutes away. It was so fun! We swam, rented a paddleboat and one of those big trike water things and made a sandcastle
 He was throwing sand, but really it looks like he is flexing and modeling for the camera
 Snot+drool+falling in the sand =
 Some of my favorite mom/son pictures ever
 Mason was just being so cute

 That night we all went out for yogurt- it really was so good- and we went back to TJMaxx to look at kid clothes for family pictures in October. When I go back out, we will be taking their family pictures and I even had a few other sessions booked thanks to Carrie!
We found some seriously ADORABLE outfits for their pictures, just you wait until you see.
While we were there Katelyn didn't feel very good; she had perfect timing and when she was getting back in the car she threw up (outside the car). The next morning Kylie was sick and throwing up, so I went to church with Troy and Carrie and the kids while Grandma Lu stayed home with Kylie. All of the kids ended up getting sick sometime throughout the next few days. Even Grandma Lu and I got kinda sick, we just never threw up. When we came home from church, Kylie was feeling a little better so later that night we walked to a park in their neighborhood area and had a ball there. It was an awesome park because it had some really fun toys and swings. It had a four person teetet-totter that was awesome (see video), a merry go round that was super cool, and just lots of fun toys. I took videos and pictures for awhile; I put the camera down for awhile and just enjoyed playing with the kids. And all of us played tag. I don't even remember the last time I played tag and it was a blast running from and chasing each other.
 Kylie was being a cheetah for me to take pictures of, but she ended up just looking like a model

 As we walked back home, there was a empty lot full of sunflowers, so we stopped and snapped a couple shots!
 Our trip was so fun. I'm so grateful I got to go and see them and that in less than 2 weeks I will be back there! Thanks Mr. Logan for letting me go and spend some sister time with Carrie and believing that I could get some sessions booked there. You are the best!

Watch the video-

No comments:

Post a Comment