Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Arizona- Frost Family Reunion

This summer seemed to fly by because there was so many things going on ALL the time. The day my spring semester, we packed up the car and Logan, Amanda, Emily, and I all headed for Arizona for our Frost family reunion. The reunion was the first one my mother-in-laws family has ever had.

We all took turns driving and sleeping. My turn to drive ended in a HUGE storm right before St. George and I hate driving in storms. My fear got to the point of tears welling up in my eyes making it even worse; Logan told me to pull off an exit and we switched thankfully. He drove the rest of the way to his sister Rachael's house. We pulled in at 4:30 am. For almost all of the drive I stayed awake with him and just enjoyed the little moments we had to talk and enjoy the silence with him.
When we stepped out of the car at Rachael's it was hot ridiculously hot and muggy and gross. When we walked in Tami (she flew down earlier), Rachael and Davis all came down to talk to Logan and I; we finally got to sleep around 5:15. A few hours later I was woke up by the sounds of little Fin. I got up and went and got her and the rest of the morning was spent playing with the kids and then going to Big Surf with some of the Frost family. Living in Idaho during the summer, you go to a waterpark to feel refreshed and cooled off. The only thing cold at this waterpark was the water in the bathroom; the pool water was like a warm bath. Not refreshing whatsoever, but it was a lot of fun to catch waves and ride them in and go down all the slides. After we left the park, we headed to our Uncle David's house for some yummy dinner with the family.

The next day we headed out for Show Low, Arizona to Grandpa Frost's ranch. As we drove, Logan and I missed the turn that takes us to where we needed to be, good thing I checked the phone to make sure we were going the right way. We went about 20 minutes past the turn so another 20 minutes later we were back on course. Everyone was going to meet at Grandpa's house in Snowflake that night for dinner. From his house, you can see the Snowflake Temple on the hill, it was such a pretty view.
Friday morning we headed down to the ranch to ride four wheelers, sit around the campfire, play some basketball and just enjoy being with everyone.
When Mr. Logan and I dated he told me that the ranch was one of his favorite places to be and now I understand why. The ranch is out away from the city and there are so many places you can go. Logan and I went on quite a few four-wheeler rides and he showed me some of his favorite look outs; those moments when we would go off, I was able to just enjoy those moments of hugging him while I was on the back of the four-wheeler and the moments of peace and quiet we shared together. That is one of the memories I hope to remember for eternity- sitting beside him looking out at the beauty that this world has to offer and worrying about nothing.
 The whole group that came for the reunion
 My Mr. Attractive :)

And I made a little video from our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment