Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Yellowstone 2013

This summer Logan and I went up to Yellowstone with his family and some of our family friends. We started off with the Playmill's show "Fiddler on the Roof." That was my first time seeing that show and I was a crying mess. We sat in the front row and Papa was right in front of us with TEARS streaming down his cheeks into his beard. REAL TEARS- so I was a mess.

The next morning we all had breakfast at the hotel and got everything packed up to go into Yellowstone Park. But we had a little setback. Our friend DeVere was loading things into his truck when the bed cover fell onto his head, splitting it open, bleh. It was a pretty nasty gash, but the clinic wouldn't be able to get him in until later that day so they decided super glue would do just fine.

We entered the park and went towards the Lower Falls for our first stop. As we drove there we were the first car in a line that had to stop because a buffalo walked in the middle of the road and right next to our car.
 And then in the parking lot of the lower falls this gem came right through and I think Logan was a little stressed that I kept following it and getting closer and closer to get the shot I wanted because I was shooting with out my zoom lens for this one.
Lower Falls was beautiful! I'm always amazed at the beauty of this earth and the wonders that Heavenly Father has placed here for our enjoyment. We I took a long time taking pictures, etc, etc so from there we went on to have some lunch at the lake. We sat on a hill overlooking the lake and watched the smoke from a fire in the park grow bigger and bigger.



 My husband the poser
After lunch, we packed up our cars back up and headed to Old Faithful. We got there with perfect timing, even if we got stuck behind the WORST driver ever and it took longer than it should have. We waited about 15 minutes and it erupted. Remember that whole amazed by the beauty? Yep, this qualifies as well.
Have you ever been to Fire Hole? Well, next year when you plan your Yellowstone National Park trip, make time for a Fire Hole swim! This was my first year ever going there and I wish we would have spent all day there. The water is warmer than normal Idaho water. And you will just have to watch the video to understand what it looks like, but there is places to just be out and swim, a little rock to jump off, and this awesome little rapid thing to jump into and the current pulls you down into the swimming area. Soo cool!! Logan had a cold and didn't want to make it worse so all these pictures are his; lesson learned, giving your husband the camera will result in more pictures of you than you would ever want.
Waterfall before you get to the swimming hole
 Logan made a new friend
 I love this shot of Papa Paul (my father in law)
 Just swam up current- money
Yellowstone video-

No comments:

Post a Comment