Saturday, September 7, 2013

Our "Home"

When Logan and I got back from our honeymoon, we showered, did laundry and started packing our cars full of stuff to move into our apartment that day. It was a crazy mess because nothing was really in boxes; we just hauled stuff up. We lived in the Ferrinsquare aparments on College Avenue in Rexburg. The complex used to be a hotel and below us was the Craze where lots of punk teenagers like to hang out. I had a few bad experiences with them. We were in walking distance to Broulims, Little Caesars, Florence's chocolate, Cocoa Bean, and way too many other yummy food places.

Our apartment complex had a lot of apartments and they all have different layouts. I'm not sure if any of them are the same. Ours was shaped like a bunny. Our bedroom was the bottom half, then the living room was the head, and our kitchen and bathroom made the ears; got it pictured? It wasn't a big apartment. It was tiny and by the time we moved out, I made Logan promise me we wouldn't live in an apartment that small again.

We had an amazing ward and great managers. We were so grateful to have found that apartment and had the experience to live there. We lived there for 5 months and we made great friends and memories from those months there.
 Our bedroom- we did have a HUGE closet. It had mirror sliding doors and the closet went the whole wall that you can't see from these pictures. That was pretty sweet!
 One of my lovely roommates Hannah made these pillowcases for us.
 Our small tiny kitchen
We didn't have a dishwasher- oh the torture- but we survived washing by hand. Our kitchen was tiny and our fridge/freezer made all of our food taste bad, even our milk. Bleh. So we ate out more than we should have because we couldn't get our fridge switched out. There was rarely anything in the fridge other than condiments, milk, cheese and tortillas because of the taste.
Logan and I have a slight obsession with Kitchen Aid; with gift cards to Macy's we were able to get the red Kitchen Aid toaster, my parents got me the Kitchen Aid for Christmas, and behind the paper towels is a little holder full of kitchen aid gadgets (ice cream scoop, potato masher, pizza slicer, veggie peeler, etc).
When I graduated high school my mom and I decided to start collecting dish sets for me. I chose the Fiesta brand because I really liked the look and colors they had. I started out with all red, but I took some back and exchanged to have turquoise too! We got all of our sets from Kohls. They are normally $50, but we would watch for sales and get them for around $25.

Living room/kitchen table area
Now can you see how the kitchen and bathroom were the bunny ears?
Bathroom- it was already painted green

 Well, now we have moved out and live in Shelley with my parents. Three months ago when our contract came up to be renewed we decided to renew it, but we felt prompted to pray about it and go to the temple together. While we were there, we both felt prompted that we needed to move out. We followed the prompting and finished out our contract. While we were waiting for our contract to end we looked everywhere for housing and nothing felt right. Finally we came to the decision that for the fall semester we should maybe live with my parents. Logan will be going to school Monday, Wednesday, Friday in the fall and I will be off track. Logan will also be working at Olive Garden throughout the fall so either way he would be traveling. For whatever reason, we know the Lord has brought us to my parent's home for a reason and we are so grateful for them allowing us to live there.

That was it! That was our first home together. And now we are "home" together at my parent's home. I'm grateful to have a home no matter where I am with my Mr. Logan. Home is wherever I am with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment