Sunday, October 20, 2013

Tender Mercy

If you haven't read from a few posts back, Logan and I followed a prompting to move out at the end of our contract from our old apartment and move in with my parents because none of the apartments we had applied to were opening for us.

On September 13, Logan and I were up in Rexburg taking care of his books, tuition and other things on campus because his semester started the following Monday. While I was finding a place to park and he was getting his TB test checked (because he served his mission in Africa he has to get one every year for school), he missed a call. As he was walking out to find me, he listened to the voice mail that was left and he hurried to meet me in the parking lot. When he approached me I could tell he was excited about something, but I just thought it was because we were spending the day together, I was happily mistaken when he asked me what we were doing the first week of October. I told him I would be going to Colorado on the 1st, but couldn't get him to just spill the beans. Finally, he told me that West Tisbury had just called us to tell us that we had been accepted (subsidized housing) and we could move in some time around the first week of October. All day I felt like I was flying high and Logan and I couldn't wait to go meet up with our manager to get the paper work we needed and get it all filled out and done.

We moved in on September 30. And this apartment is HUGE!! I will put pictures up soon to show you our cute new apartment!

I truly have a testimony that our Heavenly Father knows what we are going through. He is mindful of the things we stand in need of, but tests our faith in Him to give us greater blessings. When we pray to Him, He listens and He WILL answer, but it is in His time frame, not ours.

"Although His time is not always our time, we can be sure that the Lord keeps his promises." -Henry B. Erying.

I'm grateful for the chance we had to live with my parents for a month and the things we were able to do there. I'm also grateful for the prayers that the Lord has answered for me. I'm grateful for all of His blessings, both big and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment